1. Review the information contained in each of the Q & A links.
2. Click the “Sign-Up” link.
3. Click the “Sign-Up” button.
4. Review and accept the Shopper Agreement Terms and Conditions.
5. Fill in your application. You must answer all questions that have an asterisk (*) beside them. The other questions are optional. However, it is in your best interest to provide as much information as possible in your profile. Some assignments require a specific type of shopper and you may qualify for these extra assignments if your profile information meets the criteria.
6. Wait a couple of days for your application to be reviewed. You will receive email confirmation to advise whether your application has been approved or declined. Please note that the quality of your application will determine whether or not your application is approved. Poor quality applications (all caps, no caps, incomplete information, failure to follow instructions, spelling mistakes, etc.) will be rejected.
7. Once your application is approved, the username and password you set up in your application will give you access to our database. Go to www.spotcheckservices.com and click “Login” to access the job posting board and your profile.
8. See “How does Mystery Shopping work?” for details on the process of requesting and completing shops.
Special Note: DO NOT provide your credit card number or Social Insurance Number (SIN) to any “Mystery Shopping” company. As an Independent Contractor you are not required to provide your SIN, and no legitimate Mystery Shopping Company will ask for your credit card number. SIGNING UP TO BE A MYSTERY SHOPPER DOES NOT COST ANYTHING. You may choose to become certified through the Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA), which does carry a fee. However, you do not have to be certified to become a mystery shopper or request assignments. For some companies it may increase your chances of getting some shops, but certification is optional.